Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day & Our Trip to Washington

LaBoR DaY!We went boating! Believe it or not, this was our first boating trip all summer! sad but at least we got one good run in! Jake loves to knee board and ski! He is pretty good too. He can do some cool tricks!

I got a new wake board last summer. I tried and tried and tried to get out of the water on it, but was out of luck. When I did get up, I was up for about 3 seconds before I fell. But this weekend it happened! The first try, I popped right out of the water and stayed up for longer than 3 seconds! I was a little overly ecstatic about it!


The water was FREEZING! But we had so much FUN!


BeAuTy PaRloR!



This weekend Elisabeth and I decided to play beauty parlor with our nieces, Lexus and PorSha. We even cut Lexus' hair! We also did their makeup.



Lexus had a lot of hair! Her hair is still long, but we chopped a lot off!


Elisabeth on makeup duty, Jake on picture duty, and me on styling duty.

The final Look! Her new hair looks so CUTE


wAsHiNgToN!!!

We have had a wonderful summer, jam-packed full of fun! This August we took Alex and Elisabeth to Washington to experience the fabulous North West! :) Jake served his mission in the Tacoma mission in Washington. I grew up in a suburb of Seattle, so we wanted them to see how absolutely amazing the evergreen state is! We may have done them an injustice by letting them experience Washington, because who wants to go back to the desert after you have experienced the luscious green beauty of the North West?

Us on top of the space needle!


Pregnant??? Nope, just full of poulsbo pizza...



One of my favorite past times, picking wild blackberries! So fun, and so yum!



Hiked part of Mt. Rainier! Taylor came along too, which made it a hundred times better!



Took a tour of the "old" Seattle, which is underground. We found Jake's hotel!



Fremont troll

We had a blast! It was awesome to see my family! It was fun to do the tourist part of Washington. And it was wonderful sharing a trip with Alex and Elisabeth.

3 comments:

Al and Eli said...

Thanks to you guys it was THE BOMB!! Something tells me the Dille's just know how to rock it in Washington ;)

Karina Rigtrup said...

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED seeing you guys! You were the best house guests ever. Come stay with me some more please?!

Mike and Nickie said...

You guys always seem tohave so much fun. The hotel picture is the best!!!